We had another lesson today. We got to go over our BN test, which was nice. It was a stressful lesson, though. Everything is harder in the indoor, and everything is more stressful with Michele watching.
General things I learned:
- When I twist my body, it twists her body. Duh.
- Keep thumbs up. Come on.
- Shoulders back/lean back.
- I need to start acting like the boss. When I really tell her what to do….what do you know, she listens.
Test things I learned:
- Dressage corners have corners.
- Circles don’t.
- I need to really focus on straightness when we’re supposed to be going straight. It makes a big difference.
- I need to pick up my reins after the free walk at the quarter line, and immediately prepare for the trot transition.
- I need to ask for the canter transition at the quarter line, so that I can get two tries. But her transitions were particularly bad tonight, so maybe it won’t be horrible tomorrow.
I don’t think there were any positive comments at tonight’s lesson, which really sucks. I get the feeling Michele thought we shouldn’t be doing BN tests.
Oh well. We’ll see how it goes. I hope we don’t embarrass her.