Some very quick notes from my first ride on Robbye since her training began, and my fourth ride on Hollywood, the GP schoolmaster:
- I need to be even more forward on Robbye, at the trot. More, more, more!
- Insist on a frame right away; ask just like how I’ve learned with Hollywood
- Remember – I’m the boss with this mare!!
- And even with the gelding…be the boss. When I really insist, I get great movement. I didn’t really realize how much of a difference this makes, even with a schoolmaster like Hollywood. When I told him I was serious, he tried harder and we made a better team.
- At the same time, I need to try less. When I overthink the shoulder-in, it’s rubbish. Just let it happen – let the horse do his or her job as I do mine!